At Simplicity Décor, we strive to create a positive and stress free shopping experience for you. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Please refer to the cancellation/return guidelines when referencing your situation:
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, items can be returned for a full refund prior to delivery.
- Special/Custom Order Items cannot be cancelled (scroll below for our definition of a custom order).
- Please allow ten business days for us to process your return. Credit card orders will receive refunds in the form of a credit to your credit card.
- If an item has already been shipped, please follow our return policy for return instructions.
Not Satisfied with your purchase (merchandise NOT defective)
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, items can be returned for a full refund within 14 days of receipt of merchandise. We will gladly refund your original merchandise purchase amount (less shipping costs), or process an exchange for you. We also ask that you pay the return shipping charges.
- Special/Custom Order Items cannot be returned with the exception of a defective item. (scroll below for our definition of a custom order).
- Please notify us if you are planning to return an item to ensure proper tracking and timely refund. Important: shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Please allow ten business days for us to process your return. Credit card orders will receive refunds in the form of a credit to your credit card. The item must be returned in saleable condition and include the following: (Note: if the item is defective, you will need to obtain Return Authorization #).
- Returning Item and Original Packaging
- Copy of the Original Receipt
- Completed “Return of Merchandise Form”
- Failure to provide all of the above items may result in delay or refusal your return.
- For over-sized furniture pieces that cannot be returned via common carriers such as USPS, UPS or FedEx, contact us for assistance. We will instruct or assist you in arranging a pickup from a freight company to minimize the effort on your part. We will refund you the full purchase price (less “to and return” shipping charges).
- For free shipping items or free shipping promotions, the actual shipping cost of the shipment will be deducted from the return.
Merchandise arrives Defective/Damaged
All items are carefully inspected before leaving our warehouse. Please contact us immediately if you received a defective or damaged item. We will assist you to arrange a return, replacement, refund or credit. All returns will have to be made within 7 days of receipt of merchandise.
- You will be responsible for inspecting the product at the time of delivery. In the event that you receive damaged merchandise, you must make all notations on the freight bill to ensure your right to claim reimbursements. If the damage is severe (very evident from the condition of the packaging), please refuse ONLY the item that is damaged and make notations on the freight bill. Please contact us immediately during the time of delivery in the event that there is damage.
- For defective or damaged items, you will need to obtain a Return Authorization # (RA#) from us before you send in the item for return.
- Please contact us with all of the information below in order to receive a RA# :
- Your Name and Contact Information
- Original Invoice #
- Clear photo(s) of defect (by mail or email)
- A brief written explanation
After receipt of the above information we will review and issue RA # to you within 48 hours. If the damage is repairable, at your consent we will send out a furniture repair technician. If the item needs to be returned or exchanged the RA# will allow us to track your return efficiently so your refund or replacement can be processed. Note: Product returned without a valid RA# will be returned to the customer at the customers’ expense.
- Please allow ten business days for us to process your return. Please return the item and include the following: (Note: remember to put your RA# on the Return of Merchandise Form)
- Returning Item and Original Packaging
- Copy of the Original Receipt
- Completed Return of Merchandise Form with RA# indicated
- Original Shipping Fees are non-refundable
- If an item is defective we will pay for the exchange or return shipping cost.
- If an item is damaged during shipping, the claim needs to be directed towards the shipping party. We may facilitate in the claim process on customers’ behalf. We will also make arrangements for an exchange or repair in the meantime.
- For over-sized furniture pieces that cannot be returned via common carriers such as USPS, UPS or FedEx, please contact us for assistance regarding returns.
We will refuse returns under the following conditions
- Items showing signs of misuse or consumer abuse will not be accepted for returns.
- Any assembly required furniture that is assembled or has previously been assembled are non refundable, unless a manufacturers defect hinders proper assembly.
- Any returns that does not include proper pieces of documentation as required in our return guideline (e.g. no invoice, no RA # for defective or damaged items, return of merchandise form missing, no original packaging)
- Merchandise that have been received for over 14 days.
- Final Sale Items (unless damaged or defective)
- Simplicity Décor
- Attn: Returns and Exchanges
- 126 Park Lane, Kirkland, WA 98033
A custom order items will be indicated. These are items that we do not typically stock due to variations in sizes, finishes or fabric options.
- All in-stock items will be shipped via USPS or UPS/FedEx within three days from receiving payment. Custom Orders/Back Orders can take 12-16 weeks for delivery. Custom Orders/Back Orders frequently arrive before 12 weeks.
- Items that cannot be shipped via common carriers such as USPS, UPS/FedEx due to weight/size constraints will be shipped via freight.
- Our default freight option will be curbside delivery. Please contact us if you would like to include other delivery options such as inside delivery, Saturday delivery, or white glove services. For specific products that require special delivery, white glove will be the default delivery option.
- A person 18 years or older must be available to meet the delivery and sign for the product(s).
- Title to merchandise passes to customer when the carrier accepts delivery from Simplicity Décor.
- Please count and inspect your items carefully before you sign for the shipment. Signing the Bill of Lading or Shipment Receiving confirmation is verification that your merchandise has been received in good condition.
- All backorder or custom order items can take up to 12-16 weeks for delivery. You will be notified before the shipment leaves our facility.
- Items that will ship separately:
- Items that have different shipping methods
- Items that are not available in our warehouses on the same day
- Simplicity Décor cannot be responsible for delays caused by a customer not providing sufficient or accurate delivery information, or if the delivery location is inaccessible.
- We will do everything possible to package our products properly and safely to help minimize shipping damages that may occur. Though slim, shipping damage is still a possibility. Please refer to our return policy for details
- Instructions for accepting a shipment:
- Inspect for any visible box / package damage. If there is any damage please provide a written description of the damage on the freight bill and provide pictures of the damage.
- For freight delivery, remember to ask the driver to wait while you inspect the items, most of the time they can. If they refuse, also indicate that on the freight bill.
- If the package arrives in very poor condition, simply refuse the damaged package(s) only without opening it. (E.g. If the package has large holes or tears).
- Open each package. If there is any damage to the merchandise, please provide a detailed explanation of this on the freight bill.
- Keep all original packaging as USPS, UPS/FedEx or freight Company may come out to inspect the packaging.
- Reject ONLY the merchandise that is damaged. Accept all of the merchandise that is not damaged.
- Please refer to our return policy section if any of the merchandise is defective.
WILL CALL / LOCAL DELIVERY
Customers living in the Seattle, Washington areas have the option of picking up their orders at our store. If you chose to pick up your shipment, you will be exempt from any shipping costs. However, purchases that take place in WA will be subject to 9.5% Washington state sales tax. If this is an option you would like to choose, please contact us to avoid being charged for shipping. If you would like local delivery, we can also provide you with that option.
Simplicity Décor does not share or sell any of our customers’ information.
Simplicity Décor does enable both Facebook and Pinterest tracking code on the site for its marketing efforts on these social media platforms. Please see Facebook’s and Pinterest’s
Yes, for our furniture items, we do offer a one year warranty on fabrics/leather on upholstery pieces. Whether a claim is covered under the warranty will have to be established on a case by case basis. For example, if the frame of a sofa breaks due to poor construction, we will be happy to replace the piece for you. However, if there is large cut on your sofa, it will not be something our warranty covers.
Simplicity Décor reserves the right to make updates and/or corrections to product information and policies without prior notice. Orders that have already been processed will not be affected by changes in policy or product information. Simplicity Decor is not responsible for any typo, or inaccuracies of our product information. Simplicity Decor reserves the discretion and the right to refuse to fulfill any orders. The user of the Simplicity Decor web site assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of this server, and the internet in general.